Skip to main content

How Literature shaped me?

what is Literature from my point of view?

Literature is not a word, but it covers whole thing happened around us, society, people's life, world. Literature changes people's thinking, after studying it. After studying it, we realise something different. Literature affects people's mind. I mostly like novels, because it's affects on my mind deeply. And my favourite play is 'Othello' by William Shakespeare. After studying Othello in B.A , my interest in literature more and more raised. In B.A this play very much affected in me. I like tragic love story. Tragedy is more effective than comedy. Because tragedy affects on human emotions deeply. After studying literature I found different myself, different thinker. When I was in B.A. I wasn't showing my thoughts in front of everyone. I didn't put my points in front of everyone that raised in my mind. Because I was afraid to say my thoughts. Then I came in M.A. , there I realised that there was no need to be afraid. People will understand if I put my points against them. Literature makes me different. I realised I am different before and after studying of literature. It gives me new perspective of thinking. 

How literature shaped me?
Literature makes us creative. It teaches art. It makes us artist, critical thinker. When I was in 12th that time I was not thinking deeply, I just see the things. That time I didn't think why it is happened. Literature gives new idea. Literature teach me to express my thoughts. Literature inspires me to create something my own new things. Literature also takes you out of the illusion. It inspire you to write about yourself, poems, stories, etc. Literature teaches you to not just see the things but feel that things. First we just see the things that are happening around us but after studying literature i feel the things and better understand it. It makes more powerful thinker and creative. I realised, what is defferent in me after studying literature.
For example:-
12th - more and more  reading for Marks.
B.A. - Reading material for knowing whole story.
M.A - Reading texts for  understanding.
Watching movies to better understanding.
Raised the questions.

Literature teaches me to differentiate the things.
For example:- ancient vs modern
                          Book vs movie
My first favourite play is 'Othello', because it's deeply affected me that time. I really like character of Desdemona. She was innocent but Othello didn't understand Desdemona. It's end is very shocking. Othello killed his love, he killed his innocent wife without knowing truth. Character of iago is for his position, he provokes Othello for incorrect things in very smart way about Desdemona. But sometimes someone's smartness destroys others life. I feel very cruelty. Then I like the novel is 'sense and sensibility'. It gives us idea about handle the situations  through sense, rather  should emotional. Literature sometime teach us about our real life that what to do in a bad situation. Then I like one poem 'Song: sweetest song, I Do Not Go'. 
When I think about literature and God. Always raised a question in my mind, whether there is a god or not, if not then who handles everything?  Because before studying literature I know about God that God is doing everything in world. But after studying literature, a lot questions are raised in my mind. There I found something different about god. I am not believe in superstitions but some question raised in my mind. Literature focused on nature. According to me nature is magical- like flowers, trees,  air, sky, birds, mountains. Nature performed miracle. Is(nature) this not magical? Then who is the magician?. Life is based Karma. Then who decides Karma ? No can proves the truth. So literature changed my ideas, thinking. It makes me more thinker and creative. According to literature is realisation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Butterfly poem by Arun Kolatker

Here I discuss about  a poem is a literary form composed in verse. It normally gives account of personal feelings, emotions and imagination. The poem The Butterfly There is no story behind it. It is split like a second. It hinges around itself. It has no future. It is pinned down to no past. It’s a pun on the present. It’s a little yellow butterfly. It has taken these wretched hills under its wings. Just a pinch of yellow, it opens before it closes and closes before it o where is it. When I was in B.A I studied various poems. For example The Butterfly which was written by  Arun Kolatkar, an Indian poet wrote about the place- Jejuri, a temple town. Jejuri is a poor place and the hills in Jejuri show the barrenness of the place. His style is simple (English) in contrast with Mahapatra where he uses English and his ideas very effectively. Whatever he sees in Jejury they have a story of their own. The poet says there is no story behind the butterfly, the very being he gets

Assignment of Analysis of Song: Sweetest Love I Do Not Go

Name: Monika Makwana Roll No: 28 Paper- 1: The Renaissance Literature Topic: Analysis of Song: Sweetest Love I Do Not Go Enrollment no: 2069108420190027 Email I’D: makwanamonika76@gmail.com Academy: SMT. S. B. Gardi Department of English Analysis of Song: sweetest Love I Do Not Go      A metaphysical poetry Song: sweetest Love I Do Not Go written by John Donne. The poem is Love Poem. John Donne’s most poems based on theme of Love and his beloved. In this poetry poet tells his beloved that he was not leaving because he was tired of the relationship, instead, he must go as a duty ,Eventually, the sun departs every night but returns every morning and he has a much shorter distance to travel. In the third stanza he suggested that his duty to leave was unstoppable cannot lengthen his life, while bad fortune will shorten it, actually, fighting bad fortune only shared one’s strength will it, as the Sighs and Cries the lover complains that if, he was really within her, she was one l

Themes of The Old man and the Sea

Name: -  Makwana Monika Paper no. 10 - The American Literature. Topic : - Themes of the old man and the sea Roll no :-21 Enrollment no: -   206910842020190027 Email ID: - makwanamonika76@gmail.com Submitted to: - S. B. Gardi department of English Introduction 'The Old Man and the Sea' is a novel, written by the famous American author Ernest Hemingway. He was an author and journalist. Here we talk about the themes of this novel. First we discuss about the novel the old man and the sea. It is a short heroic novel by Ernest Hemingway. It was awarded in 1953 by Pulitzer Prize for fiction. This novel old man and the sea was his last major work of fiction. This story is on battle between an old experienced fishermen and a large marlin. The story of these novels is centre on an aging fisherman and who engages in epic battle to catch a giant Marlin. This novel is written in 1951 in Cuba . And it published in 1952. In is one of the famous works of Ernest Hemingway.